Saturday, August 8, 2009

Second Hand Smoke Kills.... Me. Seriously, who comes up with this schtick?!




As I enjoyed a nice Padron 1964 Anniversary, I thought there's not enough being said about smoker's rights. So, I'll say it. Read on!

Now that we’ve dispensed with the pleasantries, let’s move on. Put out that light! No, really. If anybody is unsure of the Nanny State’s intentions toward your smoking habit, all one has to do is take a look at my home state, the Hippies Republic of California. I live in a town of 350,000+ people and can think of 3 establishments where it is permissible to smoke indoors. I dare not mention any names because, it might be permissible, but the legality is definitely in question! The attack on smoking rights takes a two pronged approach health of the individual and second hand smoke exposure.


Let’s end the second hand smoke myth, right now. There is no risk to those who are not already predisposed to lung diseases. Would you be shocked to find out that the Government manipulates data to produce a desired result? Me either. Were you aware that the United Nations World Health Organization (that’d be UNOWHO for you Clue fans) produced a report in 1993 stating that second hand smoke might actually have a protective effect toward many of the diseases associated with smoking? Of course not, because it doesn’t fit the template. Now that we’ve established that Second Hand Smoke carries few if any ill health effects, the only prong left in the war on smoking is the health of the individual. To which, I answer; it’s none of your damn business, period. As long as health care remains free-ish from government intervention, and I still pay for the service I receive, it’s no one’s business but my own (and my family) what I choose to do with my pack of Marlboro Reds… The point here is as long as health care remains privatized. Once health care goes to the single payer, public option, you’re ability to smoke will go away, period. If you haven’t already, check out Crowder’s video on Canadian health care. It’s long, but worth the watch. It summarizes what our fight is against quite succinctly.

0 People Have Had Their Say:

 

I Am Classicaliberal And You Should, Too!. Copyright 2009-2010 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted into Blogger Template by Bloganol dot com Background Image Courtesy bama287