Monday, March 15, 2010

Pass The Legislation, Then Write and Debate It





I know much hay was made over Nancy Pelosi's remarks about passing the bill so that people can learn what's in it... but, she's doubled down on stupid and dropped another gem. Ephasis mine:
In her most expansive case yet for health reform, Nancy Pelosi argued in a small roundtable with bloggers today that passing it into law would set the stage for a great, long-term debate with the GOP over the proper role of government in our lives...
So, just to confirm that I have this correct, we need to pass the bill so that everyone can see all the great things that are in it. Then once it's passed and we all see it's magnificence, at that point we can debate the merits of the bill. Gotcha. That's brilliant.

Speaking of the nuclear option, this is the approach that the GOP needs to adopt the next time Democrats are holding up the confirmation of judicial nominees.
No really, he's going to be great. Just put him on the bench, then we'll have a discussion about whether or not he'll make the right kinds of rulings.
And in other news, this guy's been elected President of The United States for the 2012 term. We'll begin exploring his past in 2014 and then we'll debate whether or not he's right for the country some time the year after that.

Please take the time to comment! Click the Comment Link adjacent to the Post Title.

3 People Have Had Their Say:

Andy on March 15, 2010 at 5:14 PM said...

CL, that article you linked to about Nanny P sitting down with bloggers just has to be something The Onion is working on.

There is NO WAY that even Nanny PETArd could possibly say that.

Okay...while I look back at what I've just written, I reserve the right to call myself wrong. Of course she could...and probably did.

CL, I'm saying this in true sincerity. I'm gonna be dead pretty soon. But you, and my sons will have to put up with whatever the US becomes. If we do not do "something" to halt the horses' ass, she's going to screw your life up forever.

Now, I'm not advocating it...but...you're a Biblical Scholar. I'm thinking Jezebel thrown from the tower by the Eunuch. Just a thought...I once figured Hillary for the Jezebel character in the big scheme of things (and Bubba as Ahab).

CL, I know that some deep dookie is about to get spread. Keep the faith. Stock up, arm up, and get some locations of people you can trust. Just sayin'...

Okay...that was probably too "black helicopter" of a comment. Sorry! Should I hit "publish your comment?" Yep.

classicaliberal on March 15, 2010 at 10:00 PM said...

I thought it was an Onion article as well, until I remembered that it was Nancy Pelosi. That's when I knew it was real.
I agree that something needs to be done now, lest the future is lost completely. That's why I write, and am involved in local politics. That's why I donate to campaigns, call elected officials and vote. Soon, the combination of these activities might not be enough. I like to think that I'm ready to answer the call, whenever that time comes. We'll see.

Andy on March 16, 2010 at 4:07 AM said...

Yeah, I know what you mean, CL. We'll all see. I fear a "time that tries mens' souls" is around the bend.

I try not to be fatalistic, but Dunno. We'll see.

 

I Am Classicaliberal And You Should, Too!. Copyright 2009-2010 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted into Blogger Template by Bloganol dot com Background Image Courtesy bama287