It is widely known by the staff and the readers of this blog that IACLAYST has some of the smartest readers that the web has to offer. What follows is a list of quotes, beliefs and ideals assembled for the purpose of this quiz. Read the quote/belief/ideal, and determine if the it is from a Republican/Conservative/Libertarian or from a Democrat/Liberal/Progressive. Bonus points for naming the person responsible. The scoring is quite subjective and points will be awarded by myself.
In my opinion the ideals listed below are vital to understand in order to make sure that we do not continue down the path that has lead us to our current political state, therefore the answers will not be easy. The questions are purposefully vague, but if it's determined that they are too difficult, additional information will be provided.
I am offering a prize, of my choice, with a value of no less than $20 and no more than $75 to the winner so be sure to play along.
- Which party affiliation was held by an economist and adviser to two Presidents in the 20th Century who said that African Americans were 'indolent and fickle'? He also endorsed protectionist laws concerning labor since 'competition has no respect for the superior races'.
*Additional bonus available for naming the Presidents whom he advised.
- To which party did the federal official who believed that the 'overwork[ing] of future mothers is a threat against the welfare of our nation' belong? He also argued that the bodies of women were in a sense, collectivist property.
*Additional bonus for naming the position he was later placed in, and the individual responsible for placing him in that position.
- Which party affiliation was held by one of the first political ideologues to publicly support the case for a national minimum wage, in opposition to his peers? He also professed that it was the power of the congress to 'remove conditions leading to poor health, immoral behavior and the deterioration of the race'.
*Additional bonus points for identifying the military unit in which he served.
- Which party affiliation was held by the men who professed that it was within the rights of the state to perform compulsory sterilization?
*Additional bonus points for naming the most recognizable man who shared in this profession and what his highly recognizable previous position was.
- Which party affiliation was held by the man who was joined by the majority in determining that a defendant must be given access to counsel upon request in a capital trial? This determination eventually opened this door to all defendants.
*Additional bonus points for naming the group of four this man was a part of and what they stood up against.
Please take the time to comment! Click the Informed Opinion Link adjacent to the Post Title.