Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Democrats Wouldn't Know Christ From...






In a (not so) stunning display of total lack of Biblical knowledge, a DUmmy claims to provide proof from the book of Matthew as to why 'so called Christians' should support Obamacare. Claiming Christians don't know what Christ stood for amongst other things, quoting chapter 25 verse 35 they write:
"For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.' 37 "Then the righteous will answer him, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?' 40 "The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'"

This would be a whole lot more convincing if they'd included the foundational verses for this interpretation, from First Opinions, chapter 7 verse 11:
"Yea, I sayeth unto thee, workest not for thineselve, lest ye learn to be responsible for thine own family; 12 Instead relyeth upon Rome and upon Caesar and upon the One Halfican whom I will send in my image and in my place who shall provideth all you shall ever desire."

And who can forget this verse in Hezekiah chapter 6 verse 66:
"Eat, drink and be merry, for tomorrow Rome and Caesar shall provideth for you again, by taxing those who make over $250,000 per year."

Now, anyone with even a smidgen of biblical knowledge understands that both Caesar and Rome represent earthly governments.

I have a hard time seeing Jesus jumping on board a government health care plan which funds abortion. But then again, Jesus did say:
"Verily, when a man and a woman lay with one another and the woman becometh with child, and that child shall be a burden upon the mother for it shall ruineth her rockin' figure; it is the responsibility of each of you to fundeth the murder of that unborn child."
Jesus wants us all to be poor and under the care of the government!

2 People Have Had Their Say:

Andy on August 20, 2009 at 7:13 PM said...

CL, the pseudo Bible-thumping pro ObamaCare crowd fails to remember the passage from II Condominiums: 783-1866 "You can lead a horse's ass to water, but you can't make it suck."...or something like that.

It really ticks me off when I hear "Christians" trying to justify gubmit welfare, food stamps, health care, etc. by quoting God's Holy Word. The whole of the Bible cries out against the governments of men...in favor of a "heavenly" citizenship.

The Bible illustrates the failures of earthly governments, and urges the earthbound citizens of heaven to care for their fellow man on a personal level. Just robbing from the rich to give to the poor...by electing those that will do it...will not satisfy God's commands to His chilluns.

Unfortunately, liberal "church types" have swallowed this thinking. Well, the goats will be divided from the sheep one of these days.

classicaliberal on August 20, 2009 at 10:01 PM said...

Andy-
The whole point of the bible is to draw men to God. In every instance where charity is recommended, it is ALWAYS on a personal level from one individual to another. This fosters the feeling of sacrifice, and the reward of such. By putting a massive bureaucracy in between one man and another, and then mandating the 'charity' removes the entire conceptual reasons for the biblical teachings.

Libtards do not understand this. It is a means to an end for them, justify the process however you have to as long as the government controls everything in the end.

 

I Am Classicaliberal And You Should, Too!. Copyright 2009-2010 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted into Blogger Template by Bloganol dot com Background Image Courtesy bama287