Monday, August 10, 2009

My Apologies




More than likely, copyrighted by Disney
Unfortunately, due to my extrablogging activites, posting here has slowed. So to the both of you that read, my apologies. However, I am making a renewed attempt to get some content up, so I can continue my personal delusion that I am, in fact, a 'real live' blogger. That being said, read on.

Much ado has been made of Sarah Palin's recent statement regarding 'death panels' and nationalized health care in general. In fact, some angry momma dog with a dark coat seems to be beside herself over the statements!

Hyperbole seems to rule the day on both sides of the isle regarding health care. The reality is that health care is no more of a right than a car, a home, or food for that matter. Why are libtards aiming so high? Work your way into nationalizing programs! Food seems to be a pretty simple one to me. Is there any more basic right than food? I mean, its obvious to me that just by virtue of me breathing, someone owes me a Whopper with no cheese and extra pickles. And make it quick, please.

The fact that you are alive guarantees you nothing. Everything that you desire must be bought and paid for, whether by the sweat of your brow, or through the exchange of money (earned by the sweat of your brow). Were this 1830, libtards would be arguing that every American has the right to a slave. Because... because... well, cause they want one, that's why. As much as I love the culture, and the technology that we enjoy today, it seems to have damned us by moving us farther away from the society that understood implicitly that through great toil comes great reward. Now, it's not a question of how great the reward is going to be, merely when the Government is going to step in and hand it to me.

Damn shame...

5 People Have Had Their Say:

classicaliberal on August 10, 2009 at 8:52 PM said...

Much obliged, dear sir. Maybe I missed it somewhere along the way, but I don't understand why a right to food hasn't become a national issue somewhere along the way. Or for that matter, why my right to an Aston Martin DB9 isn't being championed by the SEIU...

ChristinaJade on August 10, 2009 at 11:41 PM said...

CL, the work ethic has just all but disappeared in this country. It used to be pointed out when kids were lazy - THAT was the exception to the rule. Now? It is pointed out when you can actually find someone that wants to work and takes pride in that fact.

Sad.

classicaliberal on August 10, 2009 at 11:49 PM said...

Unfortunately, we have a government that not only promotes that behavior, but ultimately fosters it with the entitlement programs offered. Health Care is sure to be the final nail in the coffin for many who otherwise might have a fighting chance at a real work ethic.

Andy on August 11, 2009 at 6:03 AM said...

Don't kid yourself CL, there are MORE than two readers. I've been so busy that I didn't even notice the slow-down. As sad as it is we face the reality that there is life outside of blogging.

I'll swear man...I knew a few lazy hounds in my youth. But Jeez Louise, now they are closing in on a majority. Damned shame.

classicaliberal on August 11, 2009 at 10:00 AM said...

Andy- Thanks for your readership, it makes all this worth it.
There seems to be this pervasive culture of, 'it's owed to me.' The only way to turn this around is strong parenting and a retaking of the education system wouldn't hurt, either.

 

I Am Classicaliberal And You Should, Too!. Copyright 2009-2010 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted into Blogger Template by Bloganol dot com Background Image Courtesy bama287