Wednesday, November 4, 2009

'Old' Is The New 'New!'




Yes, even though I harbor deep disdain for the Gawker Media websites, I am going to link one of Jalopnik's posts to make a point. Dodge Big Wigs apparently gave themselves stiffys over the design of their new Charger (picture below).


The only problem is that it looks remarkably similar to this 1999 conceptual design of the Dodge Charger R/T...


Mind you, Dodge is not the first car company to do this. Regardless of how big a fan of the new Camaro I might be, I cannot help but admit the striking similarities bewteen this 1999 GTO Concept car:


And this conceptual drawing of the new Camaro...


If all it takes to be a new car designer is access to old concept cars, I'll do the job for half of what Chevy and Dodge are paying their guys now.

For more on the future of the automobile, be sure to check out the Conservative Hideout 2.0's post.


Please take the time to comment!

1 People Have Had Their Say:

ChristinaJade on November 6, 2009 at 5:30 PM said...

I'll take the Camaro in yellow.

KThxBi. :)

 

I Am Classicaliberal And You Should, Too!. Copyright 2009-2010 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted into Blogger Template by Bloganol dot com Background Image Courtesy bama287