Monday, September 14, 2009

Nailed It!




Ha HA!

Seems as though I'm the one with the l33t crowd size estimating skills, Paul. How do I know? What sort of brilliance backed up my flawless math and logic? The Other McCain's of course!
My friend Barbara Espinosa was the source of the first concrete crowd numbers: 450,000, counted by a people-meter at the intersection of Constitution Avenue and 11th Street, two blocks east of the starting point of the march to the Capitol.
As a refresher from my "Hundreds of Thousands Rally In DC, Against Big Government" post:
Using the Parks estimate of 1 person per 2.5 square feet leaves us with approximately 440,000 people along Pennsylvania Avenue when this picture was taken
Nevermind that these are two different street names, and the picture I analyzed was taken to the north of the rally area, not to the east as Stacy indicates in his post. Just, for a moment focus on nothing but the number.

That's right, I posted the exact same number (+/-2%) as Stacy McCain. Locations, times, dates, and all other important evidence be damned!

I truly amaze myself sometimes.

Please take the time to comment!

5 People Have Had Their Say:

Skunkfeathers on September 15, 2009 at 7:27 AM said...

*bowing to the superior guesstimator*.

So, oh Guesstimate Superior, just what WAS the turn out on Saturday?

I've heard 1.5-2.5 million from various sources, and according to MSNBC, absolutely nothing happened, no one was there, it was all irrelevant. Perhaps a few token white guys, who don't want working folks to have their constitutional right, which Olberbutt KNOWS was written in the Constitution and redacted, because he channeled with Sam Adam's pet pig after a night of meth and butt-boinking with Keith's inflatable Barry doll.

ChristinaJade on September 15, 2009 at 7:59 AM said...

Skunk - NO NO NO!!! Bad visuals!!! Although, I'd say you're right in the assumption (ASS-umption - HA) that Olberbutt has the inflatable Barry Buddy.

I don't think anyone really knows exactly how many people were there, let's face it, the turn-out was totally unexpected. AND AWESOME!

I've read several reports of people who left their cars on the freeways and walked in, and many more who never even made it into town before it was over. The highest guess I've heard was 2.5 million. Just for me, personally, I feel comfy saying 1.5 million. That makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.

Paul Mitchell on September 15, 2009 at 1:09 PM said...

The important thing here is the fact that I was in Brandon, MS while this uprising of racists was happening, so no one can blame me for the terror felt by idiots the world over.

I am blameless.

Skunkfeathers on September 15, 2009 at 1:39 PM said...

*bowing to the superior blameless one*

classicaliberal on September 17, 2009 at 5:04 PM said...

The truth of the matter is when I began to read the post, all I paid attention to was the number, and I genuinely got my self psyched! I was all pumped up and began writing the post. Then, and only then did I realize that it was at a completely different intersection. The result is what you see here.

 

I Am Classicaliberal And You Should, Too!. Copyright 2009-2010 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted into Blogger Template by Bloganol dot com Background Image Courtesy bama287