Monday, May 17, 2010

Shamelessly Stolen Week




Welcome to Shamelessly Stolen Week! In light of the fact that I've stolen the themed week idea from The Mayor, lets pay honor to entrepreneurial thieves everywhere!

First up, 'The Greatest Rock Band of All Time!'



That's right, Led Zeppelin is a group of thieving whores. Apparently, Jake Homes wrote a letter asking Jimmy Page for acknowledgement, but is still waiting...

But, it's all good cause they wrote Stairway to Heaven, arguably the most recognizable rock song in history. Uh, yeah... about that.



Whoops... Sorry about that Spirit. It's just a wicked coincidence that our song Stairway to Heaven sounds almost identical to your song Taurus... Trust us. The fact that Led Zeppelin opened for Spirit on their first US tour has absolutely nothing to do with it.

If you're going to write any music, whatsoever, do NOT ask Jimmy Page for creative input.

Please take the time to comment! Click the Informed Opinion Link adjacent to the Post Title.

6 People Have Had Their Say:

Paul Mitchell on May 17, 2010 at 3:16 PM said...

NO. MORE. STAIRWAY. OR. I'LL. UNLEASH. THE. HOUNDS.

YOU. WILL. NOT. LIKE. THE. HOUNDS.

classicaliberal on May 17, 2010 at 3:20 PM said...

I never really got the fascination with Stairway either. I'm a guitar guy. I love me some rock. However, that song is a Stairway to Disappointment for me.

Paul Mitchell on May 17, 2010 at 3:23 PM said...

I OWN this album, it shall make you want to kill yourself and everyone around you.

http://www.amazon.com/Stairways-Heaven-Various-Artists/dp/B000005J65

classicaliberal on May 17, 2010 at 3:29 PM said...

Sweet Jesus, that was horrific!

Paul Mitchell on May 17, 2010 at 3:31 PM said...

The last one is the best and that is NOT a compliment.

classicaliberal on May 17, 2010 at 3:36 PM said...

I don't know, I thought the Enigmaesque first song was less than putrid.

 

I Am Classicaliberal And You Should, Too!. Copyright 2009-2010 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted into Blogger Template by Bloganol dot com Background Image Courtesy bama287